donderdag 7 april 2016

To know Him

Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ.(Philippians 3:8)
In life I tried it all. The pursuit of wealth, career, women, success, popularity, a PhD and even achieving religious success and a sense of self-righteousness. However all these proved futile and unfulfilling. Everything changed when I met Christ. Not the Christ who has been domesticated by western individualist and materialist culture to validate their way of life, but the radical Christ of the gospels. I did not meet Him in church but among the pieces of my broken heart and among the ashes of all that I worked for. It is then that I realised I had been an idolater and a worse sinner than I ever imagined. But His forgiveness was greater than my sins and his light stronger than my darkness as his love enveloped me. Now I follow Him with joy and I seek to reflect his grace by living a life of love and self-giving. In Him I found myself and a deep inner fulfilment while at the same time I am trulymaking a difference in the lives of others. Not because of who I am but because of whom He is.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten